[Support request] Change look of posts on homepage

Home Forums Support [Support request] Change look of posts on homepage

Home Forums Support Change look of posts on homepage

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vijay

Can you please assist with 2 queries:

1) On my homepage, I have a list of posts showing below some text (first one being labelled: “Trace dependants/precedents in excel”). Below each post it currently says: “Posted in excel basics”, then it has “|” character on the next line, then it says “Leave a comment” in the next line. Can you please explain how I can remove each of these three things, I don’t want any of them visible below each post
    2) I would like to place a border/box around each of the post extracts on the home page, can you please explain how I can do this?

Thanks for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. does the post list plugin you are using not have an option to disable meta?

If not then this CSS will do the trick, it adds a little space between posts as well:

.ivycat-post .entry-utility {
        display: none;
    }

.sections-no-sidebars.generate-sections-enabled.separate-containers .ivycat-post.hentry {
        padding: 1em;
        border: 1px solid;
        box-sizing: border-box #000;
        margin-bottom: 1.5em;
    }
    vijay

Thank you very much for that – worked perfectly.

Two small follow-up queries on that:
    1) Is it possible to put a gap between the boxes on the front page (I’m referring to the boxes containing each article), ideally 10-15mm of spacing between each box
    2) How do i put a line between sections on the front page? For example, from below the header to where it says “Reach your excel goals” is one section, I would like a horizontal line to be inserted at this point to separate it from the posts (which is a different section). The line should be light grey and should be as wide as the page margin (not all the way to the end of the screen).

Thank you once again!

Vijay

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i updated the code above.
    For the border, in case you want to use this on other sections then:

1. In the Sections Settings tab give it a class of section-border-bottom

Then add this CSS:

.section-border-bottom .generate-sections-inside-container {
        border-bottom: 1px solid #000;
    }

Then you can just apply the above class to any of your sections that you want a dividing rule.

vijay

Thanks!

Final query on the border: how do i make it only cover 2/3 of the width of the page instead of the full width of the page?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not easy to change the width of a border its either on or off, but i have edited the code above so it only applies to the inner container of the section so it no longer extends to the edges. Let me know

vijay

Thats perfect, thanks for all of your help

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.