[Support request] change google search description

Home Forums Support [Support request] change google search description

Home Forums Support change google search description

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andres

Hello, im new in all this. I’ve payed for the generatepress pro themplate, elementor pro, and yoast seo pro, if this helps. Have algo fre plugins like loginpress, tablepress, wpforms. I don’t think this could generate any conflict.

I have my home page configured with yoast seo like this:

OnPaste.20180306-124752

Have de widgets disabled:

OnPaste.20180306-124809

And my google search description looks like this:

OnPaste.20180306-124734

Why isn’t working the yoast seo pluging? How can I fixe that?

Thanks

Andres

I have deleted this lines on my footer.php

<div class="textwidget">
    					<p>
    						<?php
    						printf( // WPCS: XSS ok.
    							/* translators: 1: admin URL */
    							__( 'Replace this widget content by going to <a href="%1$s"><strong>Appearance / Widgets</strong></a> and dragging widgets into this widget area.', 'generatepress' ),
    							esc_url( admin_url( 'widgets.php' ) )
    						);
    						?>
    					</p>
    					<p>
    						<?php
    						printf( // WPCS: XSS ok.
    							/* translators: 1: admin URL */
    							__( 'To remove or choose the number of footer widgets, go to <a href="%1$s"><strong>Appearance / Customize / Layout / Footer Widgets</strong></a>.', 'generatepress' ),
    							esc_url( admin_url( 'customize.php' ) )
    						);
    						?>
    					</p>
    				</div>

Cloud this be a solution? It stills appearing the same on the google search description, could this have long delays?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I believe it’s up to Google whether they honor the description you provide or not. In most cases they will just take content from your actual content area.

You can confirm by contacting the Yoast SEO team – they should know more 🙂

Andres

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply. I already contacted yoast support, i’m waiting for their reply.

But on the other hand, how could I change the description without using the plugin? It shouldn’t be able to do it with the template? Could I place the description where the widget, and hide it?

Andres

Its problem of the template. I placed a custom html on the widget footer area, with the yoast plugin off like this:

OnPaste.20180307-114017

And now this is how it looks like on google:

OnPaste.20180307-113926

But without using the plugin, google ignores its meta description and uses the one placed on the widgets area.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Definitely not a good idea to do it that way.

The theme shouldn’t do anything like this for you. If you ever change themes, you would lose all of your meta descriptions.

A plugin is always the best way when it comes to SEO – Yoast is the most popular, but there’s quite a few others as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.