[Support request] Certain images not visible when looking at website using an iphone and ipads

Home Forums Support [Support request] Certain images not visible when looking at website using an iphone and ipads

Home Forums Support Certain images not visible when looking at website using an iphone and ipads

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Melissa

Hello

All images are displayed when viewing uploaded images and pictures on a desktop/ laptop and through the iPad and iPhone viewing options on the site builder. However, when I open the website use an iPad or iPhone to view the website the header/ banner, certain (not all) photos and the logo are shown as just empty boxes.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

is there any specific page or post where you’re seeing the issue – i had a nose around on my iPhone but couldn’t see anything obvious. Let me know.

Melissa

The header/ banner is not showing on any of the 4 pages and the photograph is not visible on the ‘about’ page.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try clearing the phones browser cache – if thats still an issue can you try opening the site on a different network in an incognito/private browser ?

Melissa

Thanks for this feedback. I’ve done both and still cannot see the images. We have tried this on several different phones and ipads and the issue persists.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can see the issue.

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

If not then it might be some sort of server issue that might be worth checking with your host.

I assume the same issue exist when using a twenty series default theme as well?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Melissa

Excellent feedback. The issue does not persist in a twenty series default.

FYI – I have already deactivated all other plugins except GP Premium. You can see the contact form is not active.

How can I resolve the issue using the GP theme?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The theme itself doesn’t have anything built-in that would hide your images on mobile.

Can you activate GeneratePress again but without activating GP premium?

Melissa

I have deactivated GP premium and have activated GeneratePress theme again. The issue persists.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can see the home page image no problem but still seeing the issue on the About page.

There isn’t anything in the theme that can hide the image on mobile though.

Are all plugins disabled right now?

Can you try re-uploading the image in the media library and re-add the image in content again?

Melissa

I deleted, renamed and re-added the photo on the about page and it seems to be showing on all platforms.

I added a higher resolution header/ banner and site icon. When doing so it is now visible on phones. This seems counter-intuitive, but am happy it works.

When deactivating GeneratePress Premium I the header is prominent and displayed in a way that I like. When activating GP Premium it moves to a very small image, which I am unable to get larger. Any tips?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

When deactivating GeneratePress Premium I the header is prominent and displayed in a way that I like. When activating GP Premium it moves to a very small image, which I am unable to get larger.

Sorry which image are you referring to here?

If the original issue is resolved, can you open a new topic for the separate question?

Just makes it much easier for us to keep track of things and memorize the conversation.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Melissa

The original issue seems to be resolved. However, I do not quite understand why. Please provide your feedback on the issues listed below. Any guidance you have will help me prevent future issues.

Issue 1
    I deleted and uploaded again the same photo on the ‘about’ page again I did change the file name. Are there naming rules of which I should be aware (avoid special characters, length of file name, etc.)? Are there any other rules of thumb I should know about adding images?

Issue 2
    I also removed the jpeg banner and jpeg site icon and uploaded files with higher resolution. Only after doing so was I able to see them when using an iPhone or iPad. This seems counter-intuitive that a higher resolution image needed to be uploaded to be on these types of devices. Please share your thoughts.

Issue 3
    The iPad and phone viewing options on the pc platform always showed the banner and site icons were visible – it wasn’t until I looked at the website using an iPhone and iPad (and on multiple devices) that I was aware of the images not being displayed properly (just an empty box was visible). Why was that the case?

Thank you for your help. I will address the GP vs GP Premius issues in a separate thread.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

1. The media library is handled by WordPress and I don’t believe there are any special rules. Maybe just no special characters.

2. I really don’t think the original issue has anything to do with the resolution of the image – the image should show no matter what.

3. This issue (and the original) issue really sounds like some sort of caching or server caching issue.
    Unfortunately I haven’t seen this issue and don’t know the exact reason.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.