[Resolved] Centering logo code affects Volume demo site – mobile responsiveness

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Centering logo code affects Volume demo site – mobile responsiveness

Home Forums Support Centering logo code affects Volume demo site – mobile responsiveness

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark

Hi,

Theme 2.2.2
    GP Premium 1.8.1
    ‘Volume’ demo site from premium library
    Elementor 2.5.14 (not pro version)

I’ve developed a site using the above. I then applied
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/centering-logo-navigation/
    followed the instructions (items 1-7) to split the header menu and insert the logo in the middle.

However on adding the CSS this affects the layout and mobile responsiveness in the page hero element on both home and blog pages. The sub-text moves to the right and on viewing on mobile it squashes the text rather than stacking it nicely.

Initailly I though it could be something to do with the fact that I didn’t install Volume to a totally vanilla WP site (some unknown conflict with other plugin). But I’ve then done a local fresh install and the behaviour is the same. Definitely something in the additional ‘centering logo’ CSS which is conflicting.

Thanks guys – great product and support BTW!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you need to edit the Header Element, you will see the first line of markup:

<div class="inside-header">

It uses the GP inside-header class to maintain the same padding as the site header, which is now being effected by the split menu CSS you added. So replace that line with:

<div class="hero-content">

and add this CSS:

.hero-content {
        padding: 40px;
    }
    Mark

Thanks you guys rock…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.