[Resolved] Center Logo Navigation – Disable in Navigation Search

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Center Logo Navigation – Disable in Navigation Search

Home Forums Support Center Logo Navigation – Disable in Navigation Search

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Douglas

I’m using the CSS offered in the support documentation to center my logo in the primary navigation header (https://docs.generatepress.com/article/centering-logo-navigation/).

However, when using the navigation search feature, the centered logo remains visible and clickable, even though the rest of the menu recedes. The logo does not have this problem when the centering CSS is not present. What is the best way to resolve this?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to your site so we can see the issue? You can edit your post to include your link privately.

Let me know 🙂

Douglas

Sorry about the delayed response; I had the dev site on a local environment, but I’ve moved it to an online staging site. I’ve added a URL to the original post.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can edit this CSS you added:

.site-branding,
    .site-logo {
    	position: absolute;
    	left: 50%;
    	-webkit-transform: translateX(-50%);
    	        transform: translateX(-50%);
    	z-index: 200;
    }

And reduce the z-index to 15

Douglas

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Douglas

One more question that has me stumped… I’ve been messing around with the CSS and can’t figure this out. I tried to increase the page width that triggers the mobile header up to 960px (in order to avoid a collision between the logo and the menu items). However I’m now in a situation where there are two navbars when the width falls anywhere between 768px and 960px, and I cannot figure out how to resolve this.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try this:

@media (max-width: 960px) {
        #primary-menu {
            display: none;
        }
    }
    Douglas

I had tried that; the problem is that breaks the menu toggle between 768px-960px; now clicking on the mobile menu doesn’t do anything.

Also it’s odd that the menu button is on the left side above 768px, and switches to the right side below 768px.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry my bad – try this CSS for adjusting the breakpoint:

https://gist.github.com/generatepress/282078076cd8631c17717d5b8640c043

Douglas

Works perfectly! Thanks again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.