[Support request] Category links not working

Home Forums Support [Support request] Category links not working

Home Forums Support Category links not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Killian

My Category links are not working, and I cannot see why: is this problem theme-related of something else?

I have one post under category Gastronomy here but the Gastronomy category page says “It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try searching?” here

I have one post under category Archaeology here but the Archaeology category page is not visible and instead redirects to a web page here that is not tagged as a category, and is not a post.

I deleted the .htaccess from the server’s root (from folder htdocs), and re-saved the permalinks which recreated the .htaccess, but this didn’t change anything.

The links from tags seem to be working.

Any help?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Can you try deactivating your plugins one by one to see if one of them is causing the issue?

Killian

I switched off all plugins.
    If I leave only Yoast SEO on, the categories sort of work on and off.
    Then, if I turn Yoast SEO off, both categories work.

But, then they stopped again.

Now, I turned off all plugins, and the categories are not working.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So it sounds like something going on between your server and Yoast? Have you checked with their support?

Killian

(Sorry for delay in reply, I was out of office…)
    As I said previously, I turned off all plugins, and the categories are not working.

I just tried again by turning off Yoast, and categories are not working.

If not working with all plugins off, could it be the theme?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I doubt it, or there would be tons of topics in here reporting it, and we would be experiencing it on our demo site: http://demo.generatepress.com

If it’s not a plugin, then it could be your hosting not handling the permalinks properly. Can you try contacting them so they can make sure everything is good on their end?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.