[Resolved] categories, home page full display

Home Forums Support [Resolved] categories, home page full display

Home Forums Support categories, home page full display

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Matt

I just switched to this theme from another. I have a series of posts saved in Categories (past years). In the past when the year was selected the posts would display fully formatted.. listed on a page. After switching they display in text only, summary form.. as with normal Search results. I’m having the same issue with posts to the home page.

thx!

Matt

I also have a running copy of this theme (GP 2.2.1) on another site.. but it displays Category posts formatted on a page just fine. Figured this was a WP general settings issue.. but I can’t seem to find it.

thx

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP uses the standard WP Excerpt in in the post archives which strips out HTML. To add this in you would need a plugin like this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-excerpt/

Matt

thanks for the quick reply!
    I’ll check it out.

but.. why would it work on one GP install and not another? I’ve got an older GP site with Job Referrals (category) linked up in the top nav.. when selected it displays all of the posts in a series, HTML formatted, etc. The older site is up-to-date (2.2.1)

thx for your help!

Matt

also.. I’m losing the formatting for new posts that are displayed on the front page (link above).

thx!

Matt

found it.. under Layout > Blog > Content type.. ‘Excerpt’ was the default setting. Set to ‘Full content’ and both display the HTML formatting (home page and category pages).

thx!

Matt

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you found the solution.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.