[Resolved] Cart Icon / Search Icon Secondary Menu

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Cart Icon / Search Icon Secondary Menu

Home Forums Support Cart Icon / Search Icon Secondary Menu

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Ying.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    tolis

hello, i have put cart icon and search icon to the secondary menu which is above primary menu but on mobile i have hide the secondary menu..how i can display the cart icon and search icon to mobile in primary menu without losing on desktop the icons in secondary menu..

Thanks in regards.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tolis,

Can you try activate the navigation search at customizer > layout > primary navigation, and activate the cart at customizer > layout > Woocommerce?

Once it’s done, do the cart and search icon appear in the primary navigation?

If so, please link us to your site, we can add some custom CSS to hide them on desktop.

If not, can you share the code of adding cart and search to secondary navigation here?

tolis

i have shared you the link. on desktop i am ok, just want to show the cart and search in mobile menu right to the logo ( not in off canvas menu)

Thanks

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try the solution I mentioned in my last reply?

tolis

yeah i have them activated

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

So it doesn’t work.

Can you share the code you are using which adds the icons to secondary navigation?

tolis

the code is

add_filter( ‘generate_woocommerce_menu_item_location’, ‘tu_move_menu_cart_item’ );
    function tu_move_menu_cart_item() {
    return ‘secondary’;
    }

and

add_action( ‘wp’, function() {
    if ( ‘enable’ === generate_get_option( ‘nav_search’ ) ) {
    remove_action( ‘generate_menu_bar_items’, ‘generate_do_navigation_search_button’ );
    add_action( ‘generate_secondary_menu_bar_items’, ‘generate_do_navigation_search_button’ );

remove_action( ‘generate_inside_navigation’, ‘generate_navigation_search’ );
    add_action( ‘generate_inside_secondary_navigation’, ‘generate_navigation_search’ );
    }
    }, 20 );

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try change your codes to this:

add_filter( 'generate_woocommerce_menu_item_location', 'tu_move_menu_cart_item' );
             function tu_move_menu_cart_item() {    
    			 if (!wp_is_mobile()) {
                 return 'secondary';
             }   
    			 return 'primary';
    		 }	 
             add_action( 'wp', function() {
                      if ( 'enable' === generate_get_option( 'nav_search' ) && !wp_is_mobile() ) {
                               remove_action( 'generate_menu_bar_items', 'generate_do_navigation_search_button' );
                               add_action( 'generate_secondary_menu_bar_items', 'generate_do_navigation_search_button');

remove_action( 'generate_inside_navigation', 'generate_navigation_search' );
                               add_action( 'generate_inside_secondary_navigation', 'generate_navigation_search' );
                      }
             }, 20 );
    tolis

yeah it worked thank you very much ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.