[Resolved] Caption text is too small

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Caption text is too small

Home Forums Support Caption text is too small

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nicole

How do I make the caption text for an image, larger? I’ve tried the following as referenced in another support article (https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/change-photo-caption-font-size/) on your website, but it doesn’t work:

.wp-caption .wp-caption-text {
    font-size: 20px;
    }

Nicole

Oh oops! I had an image selected rather than the text box. That’s why the settings on the right for changing the font, weren’t showing up. haha

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds like you got it fixed. Good to hear πŸ™‚

Nicole

To clarify, I decided not to use captions, because I didn’t know how to change the size of the caption text. I just created a separate block underneath the image, and changed the font on the right panel.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you want to add the caption back one of us can take a look and provide some CSS. Let me know.

Nicole

I’m trying to list my services in two rows of 3×3 blocks.

My original attempt was to use captions under photos, but I decided to scrap that.

My second attempt is to use Gutenberg plugin with Kadence Blocks plugin. Is there some way, to get the text to line up evenly, even if the picture blocks (which are above the paragraph blocks) are different sizes?

The problem I’m having currently, is that I need to make some of my icon images larger, and some smaller, but regardless, I need the text underneath them to line up with each other perfectly. Make sense? Is there a way to do this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I will need to see the site though, if you need to send us a login you can do it via the Account Issue from:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Just add the URL of this topic to the form so we can track.

Nicole

OK, no problem. Will do

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I wonder if something like this would help?:

.page-id-179 .wp-block-image {
        height: 160px;
        display: flex;
        align-items: center;
    }

This targets all image blocks on your Services page (.page-id-179), so it might be easier to give each image block an additional CSS class and use that class instead.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Nicole

That worked perfectly! Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.