Home Forums Support Caption below image

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Richard

Hi Tom,
    I’ve read some of the posts on image captions, but don’t know what to do for what I need…

I want an image caption not on the thumbnail image (uses Media Library caption), but below the image in black text.

What code would I use to do that and where do you put the caption text in the code?

Thanks.
    Dick

Philippe

Good evening Tom,

I too would like to see caption below the images, as Richard’s request.

Thank you

Philippe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Philippe

I tried all the solutions proposed in the above link, but nothing to do! Be the legend disappears completely or it returns to the image.

Philippe

Philippe

I finally got my problem was due to a mistake.

In any case, me starting with this theme I think the forum is going to be very useful!

Thank you.

Philippe

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it sorted 🙂

Richard

Hi Tom,
    I haven’t got this figured out yet…

I read all the posts. Several sets of codes. Some with links.

I want an image caption in black — just 1 or 2 words — centered below a small headshot picture. No links.

What code would I use to do that and where do you put the caption text in the code?

Thanks.
    Dick

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Are you needing to know how to add captions in the first place?: http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-add-caption-to-images-in-wordpress/

Richard Robinson

Hey Tom,
    Thanks for the article.

I’ve tried unsuccessfully to add the caption below the image through caption in Media Library and page imaging editing.

The result: Caption over the image in white text on black transparent background.

What code do I use to put the caption below the image in black text?

(I’ve reviewed all the recent posts on this subject, but they are too confusing because they suggest different codes and modified codes.)

Thanks.
    Dick

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.