[Support request] Can't update copyright notice

Home Forums Support [Support request] Can't update copyright notice

Home Forums Support Can't update copyright notice

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jackie

I have two websites running GeneratePress 2.1.2 with Premium. With one site, I was able to easily update my copyright notice to include a link to my privacy policy by going to Appearance > GeneratePress as there was a box that allows me to make changes and save them. With the other site, that box doesn’t appear.

The only difference I can see is that on the site with the copyright change option, it’s running Version 1.2.65 of the GP Premium plugin while the site without the change option (and the one I can’t get to update) is running Version 1.6.2 of the plugin.

As a workaround, I then tried to make the update in Customize > Layout > Footer, and then hit Publish. I could make other changes using the customizer, and I could even get the copy to change. However, it doesn’t seem to accept HTML. Below is the code I used (with my domain in the redacted section).

All content %copy% %current_year% by [redacted] unless otherwise indicated. View the <a href="http://[redacted]/privacy-policy">privacy policy</a>.

If you go to the live site you’ll see the copy but it’s not hyperlinked, despite me trying to save the HTML numerous times.

Please help – this is driving me nuts! 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jackie, when you return to the customiser after saving is the HTML still in the Footer Copyright?

Jackie

Hi David,

If I add HTML to the customizer, ALL changes I made to that copy block are removed. So if I add copy about the privacy notice and link just part of it, that whole sentence is wiped clean when it’s saved and when I go back it’s gone even in the customizer (and doesn’t update on the site). If I don’t add any HTML, the copy updates as expected.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jackie, that is odd, aside of clearing / disabling caches which would be my first test, can you try #1 here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.