[Resolved] Can't remove right hand sidebar from Shopping1 page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can't remove right hand sidebar from Shopping1 page

Home Forums Support Can't remove right hand sidebar from Shopping1 page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mark

I have two questions:

1. I have a site at staging7.nimblethimble.com. I have created a page called “Shopping1” and have the layout on that page set to “no sidebars.” However when I look at that page on the actual site, a right hand sidebar is showing up. As I said, I set the layout for that page to have no sidebars. Why is the right hand sidebar still showing up?

2. This is not directly related to GeneratePress (I think), but the Shopping1 page is from WooCommerce, and I would like the products to show on that page, instead of having to click the category (Goodies) first. Do you happen to know how to set make this happen?

Thanks

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. if the Shopping1 page is set as the Shop Page in Woocommerce settings then it is the product archive page. You should not edit those pages directly and any metaboxes in the editor e.g Sidebars, Disable Elements etc will not be respected by WordPress ( it won’t action metaboxes on an archive ).

You can remove the sidebar by:

a. Activated the Woocommerce Module in Appearance > GeneratePress.
    b. Change sidebar layout in Customizer > Layout > Woocommerce

2. You can change what the shop page displays in Customizer > Woocommerce.

Mark

Thanks David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Mark

David,

Sorry – I forgot one more question. How do I put Introductory text on the products page? I put some text on the “Shopping” page, but then the products didn’t appear.

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use a Header Element to add content below the site header:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can use a Header Element to add content below the site header:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Mark

Could you be a little more specific here: Do I add a header element or a hook? I tried adding a Header Element but I couldn’t see how to add content below the site header on the “Shopping” page. Also, I want the added text to be below the navigation but in front of the Product listing. It “seems” like this would be a hook because it looks like there are WooCommerce hooks. I also tried those, but to no avail.

Thanks
    Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Either the Header Element or the Hook Element will do this.
    The key to adding it to the shop is selecting the correct Display Rule – which is: Product Archives and not the Page that your originally created.

Header Element is automatically positioned in the after_header hook so will appear below the Site Header and Navigation as it is a standard GP Template hook, the basis of which you can see here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-visual-guide/

It is only the content area hooks that differ on a Woo page.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.