[Resolved] Can't get rid of header on blog page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can't get rid of header on blog page

Home Forums Support Can't get rid of header on blog page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    John

I’m not sure how to get rid of this big white section and just have the regular menu I made on Elementor sitewide, including this blog page.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pd0uwd3ygowjzi/Blog%20header%20issue.png?dl=0

The ABOUT page and SERVICES page and HOME page all have exact same menu bar on top – I need this sitewide and so far I cannot fix this blog page

Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

So have you used the Elementor Header template that allows you to set conditions for display?

John

Yes

John

I created the header on Elementor and I want it on every page.

But the blog page it gets pushed down, and there is big blank white space.

I am not sure how to fix this.

Help appreciated

Thank you

John

I’ve disabled everything on the GP Premium options.

I’ve disabled the header.

This works on other pages.

But i cant get tht big white header space fixed.

I’m open to created something and putting it there (like a call to action) but I wouldn’t even know how to edit that white header section.

Preferably I just want it gone.

That or filled in with sometihng proper, but I’m using Elementor for the whole site.

I need this fixed and to know how because I am building websites for clients with GP and Elementor and this will be a recurring problem for blog pages I believe.

Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you’ve set a custom Elementor header to display there, the GP one should go away by default.

Alternatively, you can use the Elements module to create a new “Layout”. This will allow you to disable the header and apply it to the blog: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

John

Ok so creating the new header element and then publishing it with certain display rules to only show on the blog page and exclude the rest of the site with the exclusion for the blog page?

This problem is only on the blog page. Everything else is fine.

I’d like to build a site with GP Premium next but this site is ELementor sitewide for everything.

I can’t get that white space out of the blog page with this element layout feature I just activated and tried. I deactivated everything and published it with the display rules.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Elementor header template does some odd things, as Tom said it should replace the GP one if the Conditions are set to the Entire Site.

If i have to use an elementor header then my preferred approach is to use GP Hooks to add a normal Elementor template. So Hook Element > Header. Add the shortcode of the template. Check Exectute Shortcodes and then set the display rules.

You could apply the same logic just to Blog page.

John

Thanks David.

I see that Elementor lets me export the JSON file,

Can I use this JSON file for the GP Hook or should I be able to get the CSS somehow from Elementor Header Template to make this GP Hook?

As of now this white space remains.

Thank you

John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just add the Elementor template shortcode to the Hook.
    You will find the shortcode in Elementor > My Templates.

John

Hi David,

That’s a great feature! I got the shortcode placed in the hook and works great on the blog page and 1 other page I had not had a menu yet.

I may use the Hook sitewide VS building it with the elementor page builder – I wonder if this has any site speed impact either way.

Problem persists. Still need to get rid of the big white space.

The white space is still there on blog page.
    Now it has 2 menus, one above and one below the space.

Here is a screenshot of it now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8el0229m734aqv/desktop%20whit%20area.png?dl=0

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

which Hook did you add the Elementor shortcode to? The Header Hook should of overwritten the big white space (which by the way is being created by the large image you have in your Customiser > Site Identity > Logo – which you can remove).

So my personal method:

Layout > Element – remove all Elements you don’t need from the Theme – Site Header/Nav/Content Title etc. Set the Pagebuilder container to Full width and set the display rules to Entire Site (or the pages etc. that you build with Elementor). Then use the default template instead of the Elementor Canvas or Full Width.

Then add the Elementor Shortcodes via the Hooks for your replacement theme elements.

Speed wise is no difference, as the content and number of requests remain the the same.
    The big difference is that when using the Elementor Canvas it removes all the Theme Hooks and i have seen a few issues where the Elementor theme templates cause problems.

John

Wow David very much appreciate this information. I will go over everything again and then set it up exactly as so. Will report back hopefully solved, thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not a problem.
    Just a note that if you use Entire Site in the Display Rules it won’t effect your home page, you will need to add the Front Page display rule as well. And to be safe also add your blog page.

John

Hi David – when removing the logo from Site wide Customizer settings it removes it from me elementor header, as it pulls from that and gives no other option to use a logo.

So I need to use that logo in GP Customizer.

When I removed it, the white space got cut in half but it is still there.

Meaning even activating the Header Hook sitewide, the white space was there.

In Generate Press, when adding a “New Element”

I added a new “Hook”

Or should I be adding a “Header” as the element?

Thanks

John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.