[Support request] Can’t get hook to work on post category archive

Home Forums Support [Support request] Can’t get hook to work on post category archive

Home Forums Support Can’t get hook to work on post category archive

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Signe

Hi
    I am new to building websites and use GeneratePress together with Elementor.
    Love GP.

I am trying to customize my post category archives by inserting an Elementor template with hook in Elements. I have made customized headers in Elements for each post category and it works fine in post category archive. But I can’t get the hook to show the Elementor template in post category archive?

The hook working if I try to insert it on a page, but it doesn’t show in the post category archive. I have used the same Display rules on the Hook as I have used on the Headers.

Hope you can help.

Best Signe

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are you using the Post Archive Category Display Rule?

And which Hook are you using?

Signe

Yes I am using “Post Archive Category” Display rule and before_main_content hook.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you test to see if the hook and display rule is working by adding some HTML to the hook?

Signe

I have added the shortcode for the Elementor template in the hook and tried to set the display rules to a specific page to see if the shortcode works and the template shows on that page. So, the shortcode works just not with the display rule Post Archive Category??

Sorry, I am new to building websites so I am not so familiar with HTML.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

As a test: instead of adding the shortcode, can you just add some text e.g Hello world. And let me know if that displays.

Signe

Have added some text but it doesn’t show.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Would you be willing to provide temporary admin access to the site?
    You can send login privately via the Accounts Issue form here:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please add the URL to this topic to the form

Signe

I have send my admin access info to the site.

Hope it will help.

Thank you.

Signe

Can see I have send it via the Pre-Sale Question form. Is it ok?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the Cateogory pages you have displayed are not displaying the Archives. Instead they are displaying the Page of the same name. To prove this i changed the Rejse med børn display rule to a Page in the Hook Element.

Signe

Thank you now it works.

Somehow the pages with the same name as the category’s did something to the category archives. Now I deleted the pages and the hook with display rule “Post Archive Category” works and shows the Elementor template in all category archives.

You have the best support.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.