[Resolved] Can't get All Posts to show in Admin area…only 7 out of 173 display

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can't get All Posts to show in Admin area…only 7 out of 173 display

Home Forums Support Can't get All Posts to show in Admin area…only 7 out of 173 display

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Charlie

Howdy guys!

Love love love the theme, but I’m having an issue with something:

In Posts > All Posts in the admin area, I can only see 7 out of the 173 total posts that the site has. No pagination is shown to other posts. If I set the filter to All Dates and All Categories and filter that way, still no luck.

When I disable the GeneratePress plugin every post shows up just fine, so it seems it is indeed a GP issue.

Any ideas?

BTW I’m using GP Premium 1.8.0-rc.2

Cheers and thanks a million!

Charlie

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Charlie

Thanks, David. I don’t see any errors in my log, but I do have some more data if this helps.

The 7 posts that ARE showing were brought in separately from 167 other posts that were brought in a month earlier. The 7 newest posts were brought in via a Posts Only export, while the other 167 were brought in by an All Content export.

When viewing these newest 7 posts, I see that their Featured Images (in the post edit page) are currently thinking/loading and never showing. Not sure if that has anything to do with it…a bad export or something?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have anything added to your GP Hooks?

Charlie

Only some footer and headers scripts…that’s it. One for Facebook Pixel and the other for Google Analytics.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm can you disable the add-on one by one and see which one is causing the issue?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#activate-your-modules

Charlie

That was a good question…I’d forgotten GP had separate components. But yeah it looks like activating the Blog component is the issue.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, the Blog module shouldn’t have any effect on your Posts area in the Dashboard.

It sounds like pre_get_posts is in play, but the Blog module doesn’t use that hook. Do you have any custom functions added to the site at all?

Charlie

Yes I am in fact using that function based on this forum post:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/make-first-post-featured-leads-to-uneven-number-of-remaining-posts/

I used that solution to fix the odd post number resulting from using featured posts. Perhaps there’s a better way to do that?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Charlie

That worked!

Tom, you’re awesome. Really appreciate it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.