[Resolved] Can't Change Background on Post Headers

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can't Change Background on Post Headers

Home Forums Support Can't Change Background on Post Headers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Laura

Hello Again,

Can you help me fix the background on my post headers? I expect this is an easy fix, but I have looked everywhere I can think of in the GP Customizer, to no avail.

For the record, I did create an Elementor post template in which I suppressed the post title content in the template. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it

Thank you if you can help!

Laura

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You have this CSS added:

.entry-header {
        background-color: #fff;
    }

Remove it should solve the problem.

Laura

Hello Leo,

Forgive me — I looked around as much as I felt able before asking this stupid question: What is the safest and most reliable way to access my ccs? Especially as a clueless css person? I know I can go into the Editor in WP but I don’t know if I should do that. I also know how to access a page’s code with the Inspector, but once in there I can never seem to find the bit of code I’m looking for. If you have any suggestions for good resources that could help me to figure this stuff out I would appreciate it. I’ve been through some of the basics in tutorials but there is an awfully steep jump to working with actual web pages!

Thank you,

Laura

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like it maybe added directly to the theme files.

You can use the editor. Check style.min.css.

here is where I see them: http://www.screencast.com/t/a1spgSt8CA

Laura

Hi Leo,

OK well I was able to access the CSS file in WP admin, and by looking at it on my host files via FTP. BUT there appears to be no content in the child theme? How could that be, as it is showing active in my WP dash? As I understand it, if the child theme is active and you make modifications, they are written over top of the original theme file and sort or stored separately so updates to the theme don’t bugger up your styles?

I hope I haven’t been writing in to my master GP theme all this time and not realizing it. I understand that is NOT a good thing to do. If this is the case, I am not sure what to do next, nor why it would happen when my Child theme appears to be the one I am using.

Thanks again,

Laura

Laura

Hi again just to clarify, the child theme is definitely the one showing as active in my WP dash, and I looked at the child theme CSS both in WP Admin and directly tried to load it onto a text editor to look at locally…

Sincerely,

Laura

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you checked style.min.css in the parent theme?

If it’s in the parent theme, you can also re-install it and it should disappear.

Laura

Dear Leo,

OK I’m so frustrated I could cry. I de-activated my child theme and activated the GP theme in the hopes that I could edit the css in there and remove the code you suggested. I can’t even figure out how to attach a screen shot here to show you what I got. I opened the css and I think I’ve spent an hour looking for the line of code. I even went so far as to copy and paste the whole contents of the css in to notepad so I could search for the .entry, and this yielded nothing. So I must be looking in the wrong place?

I thought I might try re-installing GP, but I can’t figure out either how to delete it from my WP or install a fresh version over top of it if that’s even an option.

I think there must be some simple steps to access and edit *existing* code on a page that I am missing, or not aware of, and I can’t find documentation about how to do this. At my wits’ end here…

Thank you,

Laura

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Perhaps try deactivating your plugins one by one – it looks something a function is adding that CSS directly into the <head> section, so you wouldn’t find it anywhere in the files.

Deactivating your plugins one by one will tell us which one is adding it ๐Ÿ™‚

Laura

Dear Both

OK well I managed to copy and paste the code in to the general CSS editor in my child theme, and then changed the background colour property. I still don’t get this, but wanted to let you know that I resolved my problem for now. Thank you for all the help.

Laura

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad it’s working ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.