[Resolved] Can't add section?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can't add section?

Home Forums Support Can't add section?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Christine

I’ve used Generate Press with a few non-profit sites that I work on. In one, I have had great success with using sections to make a good-looking home page. I’m trying to do that on the other, and clicking the “Add Section” button does nothing. Using the Chrome inspector console, I can see this error:

post.php?post=1347&action=edit:174 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘match’ of undefined

I have a hunch – I have the site using Background images (Customize- Background Images – Body). I suspect sections are not compatible with those?

I’d love to have background images on the normal pages, but not on the pages with sections, but I realize this might be a tall order.

Thanks for making such a great theme!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It sounds like you might have a plugin causing a javascript error in the Dashboard.

Can you try #1 on this page?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/

Let me know 🙂

Christine

Thank you – I thought I had cut back to using only plugins that I used on my other site, but there was one difference and that was the offender. Easy Image Collage Premium doesn’t play nice with your work. I don’t need it right now, so I deactivated it. I will look into if WP_DEBUG offers any other clues, because their plugin was good for what I had needed it for earlier this year.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It sounds like they might have a javascript error in their plugin.

You can use the Inspect Element tool in your browser (Chrome) to see if anything pops up in there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.