[Resolved] Cannot Remove Top and Bottom Spacing In Main Content Section

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Cannot Remove Top and Bottom Spacing In Main Content Section

Home Forums Support Cannot Remove Top and Bottom Spacing In Main Content Section

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ellaj

Hey guys, I cannot seem to remove top and bottom spacing when I am adjusting the layout spacing settings.

I am using Toolset as my “Page Builder” and have Sections turned off.

I have tested with Toolset installed and not installed, and only tested on a fresh install with just GP 2.4.1, no other plugins other than Premium 1.9.1.

I am running across this issue on multiple sites in development and am wondering how to resolve. Don’t know if it’s because of the GP theme or the Gutenberg editor. Please see video – https://www.loom.com/share/264569af3f714f47a2ee18829195d373

The examples in the video are locally developed but in the Website URL field I have provided a link to a live site. Would love your help in troubleshooting. Thanks in advance!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP applies this standard Block CSS:

.entry-content>[class*="wp-block-"]:not(:last-child) {
        margin-bottom: 1.5em;
    }

This ensures there is a space between elements by adding bottom margin to them. Without it images and other mixed content in a post would collide with each other.

This can be changed with CSS and my preferred method is this:

1. edit the Block, in the Settings > Advanced –> Additional CSS add strip-margin-bottom

2. Add this CSS to your site:

.entry-content>[class*="wp-block-"].strip-margin-bottom:not(:last-child)
     {
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }

This will remove the gap below any block carrying that class.

ellaj

Thanks David.

That may not be the best term solution as it could impact posts or other pages where I want that padding. I actually found a solution this morning within Toolset. If I nest containers (their blocks) then within Toolset I have full control over the padding and this spacing issue is resolved.

Appreciate the quick reply, and will file it for possible use cases in the future.

Best

ellaj

Guess I have to write a post mark the issue resolved.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That method i provided would only affect those blocks you added the class to – so no issue with it effecting blocks it shouldn’t. But it sounds like you got a better solution – which i am glad to hear 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.