[Resolved] Cannot reduce huge white gap on mobile under menu

Home Forums Support Cannot reduce huge white gap on mobile under menu

• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Leo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ClearCity

Hello and thank you for continuously improving GP. I am stuck and have spent hours trying to reduce the huge white gap between the menu and the GP Premium video header on mobile phones and ipads. I’ve researched here and put in css recommended on other threads, messed with the paddings and margins, but cannot get it. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you talking about this area?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/ZBoc9G5m

That’s actually the content.

Are you not adding any content on that page?

Let me know 🙂

ClearCity

Yes, I do want to add content to that page. I’m talking about this gap on mobile: http://advdms.com/clients/sunrisedentistry/gap/
    Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try unchecking the Full Screen option in the Header Element.

ClearCity

That worked to get rid of the white gap, but as soon as I unchecked Full Screen the video header did not show up at all on mobile devices. I’m not sure how to reduce some of the white on the top and bottom (I had the content set to vertical top, but changed it to center). Any recommendations?

How do you get a video header to play (or even show up) on Safari?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The video should show up without the full screen option.

Make sure you’ve added some padding as it determined the height of the header element:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/how-to-create-a-page-hero/#step-4-set-the-height

Let me know 🙂

ClearCity

(EDITED) My mistake – it does show on Android with the full screen unchecked and looks very good, but not on an iphone. Is there some special coding to get a video to show up/autoplay on an iphone?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

try adding the playsinline parameter to the <video> tag and make sure the device isn’t in low power mode

ClearCity

I tried several code variations, and this finally worked for me for the video to show on both Android and iphone properly.

In the GP Premium header element (Page Hero tab)

<video autoplay loop muted playsinline class=”background-video”>
    <source src=”your-video-link.mp4″ type=”video/mp4″>
    </video>

Container: Full Width
    Inner Container: Full Width
    Full Screen – unchecked
    Padding for mobile 90 px on top (for this design)

(Site Header tab)
    Merge with Content
    Various offsets for desktop/mobile for this design

I appreciate your patience and the recommendations of adding padding, unchecking full screen and adding playsinline. Thank you Leo and David – You guys rock!

For anyone wondering about getting GP Premium – it is worth every penny and then some!

ClearCity

Quick question – I’ve used this code on another site – now the video shows on iphone, but that video is not responsive. Is there a CSS code so the video shows at the proper size on mobile devices?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Background video and background images aren’t responsive by nature unfortunately.

We set a background image instead of background video for mobile if you’d like?

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.