[Support request] Can I remove a page from my menu on just one particular post?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Can I remove a page from my menu on just one particular post?

Home Forums Support Can I remove a page from my menu on just one particular post?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stefanie

Hi,
    I have written a landing page that has affiliate links on it for someone else to sell my product. I have done this in block editor so it is still a page on my website. This means that all the menus show up along the top bar still (which is good). However,I would like to add a shop menu fro my products on every page of my website apart from this one particular page that is only set up for my affiliate. The reason being that if somebody goes to the SHOP menu instead of clicking through his affiliate links then he won’t get a commission.

So, I guess my question is ” when adding a new menu to your website, can you omit the menu from particular pages?”. As it stands, when you create a new menu it naturally shows up on every page.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    stefanie

Hi Leo,

I followed the training in that video, but came unstuck when I realised that my pages do not say the same thing as the training. For instance, I have no option to disable the header and all those other options that it shows in the video like top bar, header and primary navigation. All the things that I want to remove.
    I can’t send you screenshot as I don’t have the option to here
    Thanks

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

You can still do this w/o using the Layout metabox for individual pages.

Check this article:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

You can setup a Layout Element that specifically targets that one particular page using display rules. You can also disable elements on the same Layout element.

But to clarify: Do you want to remove the whole menu or just an menu item in it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.