[Support request] Can I import multiple json settings files?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Can I import multiple json settings files?

Home Forums Support Can I import multiple json settings files?

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Zuzana

I was thinking about creating my own library of modules, e.g. a specific menu one, a footer one, etc. Is it possible to import multiple json files? I have not figured out how I could do it.

Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You can import multiple JSON files for the theme options in “Appearance > GeneratePress”.

Things like menus etc.. are handled by WordPress. I think you can export/import them in “Tools > Export”.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Zuzana

Hi Tom,

sorry if I’m being thick but under Appearance > GeneratePress > Import Settings, I can only import one file, it doesn’t allow me to select multiple files – and if I import one file and then import another one, the second one overwrites the first one.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So each file has the same settings? Not too sure I understand quite yet.

Are you wanting to import settings only for specific elements? For example, your footer configuration in the Customizer? Then import another file for your header configuration?

Zuzana

Yes, I was hoping to have an individual file for individual setting, e.g. one file for a specific header configuration, one file for a specific footer configuration. So I would create my own library of different pre-configured headers and footers and sidebars, etc.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In that case, you would likely need to write your own import/export functions, as the GP one does things module by module.

I did some searching around for a plugin that would allow you to pick and choose which options get exported, but I couldn’t find one, unfortunately.

Zuzana

Thank you Tom,

I think it would be a great feature, being able to upload multiple configurations, allowing the user to create their own library to use – something like what page builders do with various elements, only using GP. Is that something you would consider adding at some point?

I might as well try to write the function and put it into a plugin for now.

If I do, I’ll let you know.

Zuzana

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I agree – I’ll look into this ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.