[Resolved] Can I distinguish sticky Post title with different color?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Can I distinguish sticky Post title with different color?

Home Forums Support Can I distinguish sticky Post title with different color?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thomas

I have some sticky post, I would like to highlight it on the home page, before 3.0, I just modify css file:
    .sticky {
    background-color:#ededed;
    border:1 px solid #f5f5f5;
    color:#272727;
    }

it works great, the new 3.0 seems change it, and it no longer works that way, could you please help me with that?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to your site so i can see the issue

Thomas

https://www.victoriasummer.ca

I make all sticky post on the front page, first a few lines.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Can you temporarily disable any caching and CDN so we could check the cause of this?

Your site is currently using a cached stylesheet from https://secureservercdn.net/104.238.68.196/i0r.fcb.myftpupload.com/wp-content/cache/wpo-minify/1606638476/assets/wpo-minify-header-be8628b1.min.css?time=1606676017 which is overriding the background-color you’ve set on your CSS code:

Also, your border property’s value has to be fixed. border:1 px solid #f5f5f5; has a space between 1 and px that has to be removed. Use this instead: border:1px solid #f5f5f5;

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Brooke.

Looks like you’ll want to use .sticky .inside-article instead of just .sticky (or use !important 😬 ). This is because you have the following rule further down in your stack setting the background on the .inside-article to white overriding that of the outer .sticky container.

separate-containers .inside-article, .separate-containers .comments-area, .separate-containers .page-header, .one-container .container, .separate-containers .paging-navigation, .inside-page-header {
        background-color: #fff;
    }

Thomas

Brooke,

Thank you so much.

// Make the sticky color grey, to outstanding
    .sticky .inside-article {
    background-color: #edededed;
    }

Works great!

Thomas

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi @Brooke,

Thank you for sharing. Great find!

Yeah the use of !important isn’t best practice. More specific CSS selector to get precedence is the way to go.

@Thomas

Nice one! Glad it works for you. 🙂

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.