[Support request] Button GenerateBlocks as Read more bottum GeneratePress

Home Forums Support [Support request] Button GenerateBlocks as Read more bottum GeneratePress

Home Forums Support Button GenerateBlocks as Read more bottum GeneratePress

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Arno

How can I add the GenerateBlocks Button as the read more button for the standard GeneretePress template Blog

regards,

Arno Schouten

I have a Premium account Generate Press and GenerateBlocks Pro

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Arno,

You can create a block element, set the element type to hook, choose after_entry_content as hook name, choose blog and/or all archive as location.

Arno

Hey,
    thanks for your answer!

Now I get this:
    https://zonderstempelpress.arnoschouten.net/nieuws/

But I want the blue button to take over the function and position of the red button.

Do you know Council?

Kind regards,

Arno Schouten

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

is there any reason you want to use a GB Button for the Read More? If its simply for styling then i could just provide you some CSS – it would be easier then trying to position the GB button.

Let me know

Arno

I thought by using GenerateBlocks buttons I can create an unambiguous layout for the buttons on the website with the option of the icons. That’s the reason.
    I have now done it in the red button with a ->

I can imagine that I can adjust a hook in the blog template, but that is cumbersome.

I can of course design via css.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The layout you currently have relies on Floats to align the image on the left, which works fine IF the button is part of the Excerpt. Problem with adding a GB Button using a Hook is it cannot be in the excerpt.

The alternative approach would be to design the entire content template:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-content-template/

That option includes a Template named Landscape to get started with. Then you have the freedom to visually design that layout.

Arno

I’m going to work with it, and find out what the best option is for the website. Edit via css or via the block editor. Thanks!

Regards,

Arno Schouten

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.