[Support request] Buddypress – post update too slow

Home Forums Support [Support request] Buddypress – post update too slow

Home Forums Support Buddypress – post update too slow

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kaleem

Hello sir, on mobile phone chrome browser, Buddypress ‘post update’ is too slow and sometimes will not even post the update at all.

Also, the image uploader does not bring the popup for selecting images – Im using rtmedia plugin for uploading images. I contacted rtmedia support but the problem wasn’t there.

However, when I switch to the default theme, it works alright.

Note: everything is alright on the desktop, but mobile chrome browser is the worse.

thank you for great support.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Is there a specific page I should be looking at?

I see quite a few console errors on the home page.

Can you please test it with only GP premium and BuddyPress activated and see if it helps with the issue at all?

Let me know 🙂

Kaleem

Thank you for your response, sir. I just did what you suggested. the post update is now a little bit faster than before. But the media uploader still does not display the popup for selecting a picture.

only the homepage(buddypress activity) is problematic.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Do I need to be logged in order to try the media uploader? I’m not seeing it on the home page.

Let me know 🙂

Kaleem

Yes sir. you need to log in first. I made the signing up so simple, you can just try it.
    Or you can just use the following details:

Username: test
    Password: 1234

Thank you.

Michael

Slow here too, click post and there’s a wait of about 5 seconds before it gets posted and refreshed?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I tried uploading an image and it worked: https://www.screencast.com/t/VkK0n3dodoLm

As for the speed, it really depends on your server. I’m not 100% sure of how BuddyPress handles posting data, but GP itself shouldn’t/can’t interfere with the posting process.

Make sure your server is using PHP 7.

Kaleem

Like i stated earlier. It is alright everywhere except on Mobile phone chrome browser.

Uploading picture does not work when using google chrome browser on mobile phone.

I hope the statement is clear now? Thank you in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That may be something you need to check with BuddyPress. GeneratePress itself has no control over BuddyPress functionality, so that may be a bug within their plugin.

Have you reported it to them yet?

Kaleem

Oh ok. Yes i did report to Buddypress but there is no reply yet.

I also reported here because, when i switch to default theme it works, so i thought there may be something wrong with GP.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, what if you deactivate GP Premium?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.