[Resolved] BuddyPress Conflict on One Sub-Domain

Home Forums Support [Resolved] BuddyPress Conflict on One Sub-Domain

Home Forums Support BuddyPress Conflict on One Sub-Domain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mary Pearson

I have a very strange situation on my multisite. My Buddypress Members page looks fine on my main domain, but on my sub-domain the formatting is wrong, and the “Order by” (Last Active, Alphabetical or Newly Registered) doesn’t work at all.

In all my years using GeneratePress on about 35 sites I have never had a conflict where GP was at fault, and quite frankly I don’t think it’s at fault now since all is good on my main domain, but I don’t know what else to try. I need your help.

On the sub-domain I have done a plugin conflict test and nothing changed, but when I changed themes to twenty-twenty, it works fine.

I have deleted all CSS and functions.php coding but nothing changes. The only change occurs when I change themes.

You will not be able to view the page since all Member information is confidential. I would be happy to give you login credentials privately if you give me instructions of how to do that.

Many thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mary,

On the page with the issue, are there any issues in the “Console” tab if you right-click + Inspect the page?

Let me know 🙂

Mary Pearson

Thanks Tom. Yes, there are several Javascript errors like this one.

“A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at <URL> was set without the SameSite attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with SameSite=None and Secure. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at <URL> and <URL>.”

I looked up what to do about it and instructions are:

add in response header
    response.setHeader(“Set-Cookie”, “HttpOnly;Secure;SameSite=Strict”);

but I’m not sure how to do that.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, I don’t know if that would cause an issue like this.

Have you reported it to BuddyPress? Perhaps it’s something they’ve heard of before?

Mary Pearson

Thanks Tom. I will do that now. Much appreciated!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.