[Resolved] Browser freeze when trying to customize

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Browser freeze when trying to customize

Home Forums Support Browser freeze when trying to customize

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Francescos

Hi there, just downloaded the theme, it’s completely fresh – no plugins or anything.

When clicking customize it seems to load what looks like a sort of front end editor, then crashes. Don’t think it’s a hosting issue.

Any advice on this please?

(admins I’ve included the “wp-admin/customize.php” in the website URL just so you know what I’m referring to)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you check with your host what PHP version and what the PHP memory limit is?
    Version should be at least 7.x and memory a minimum of 128meg, would recommend at least 256meg.

Francescos

Hi David

Thanks for getting back to me.

I’ve just checked and updated my PHP version and changed memory to 256mb (hosting support did both of these changes)

I am able to now get it working in incognito window in chrome, but not in a normal window.. which seems strange?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You may need to hard flush the caches on your browser. Incognito doesn’t cache hence why it is working.

Francescos

I have done so when I realised incognito was working and normal wasn’t, and it’s still not which is strange.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any browser extensions active? If so try disabling them in case they are conflicting

Francescos

It’s working on my colleagues computer – I will continue working in incognito for now and close all windows / restart browser and clear cache shortly and I think it should be fine.

Many thanks for your help – I’ll mark this as solved.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome – sounds really silly but sometimes you actually need to complete restart chrome… which sometimes requires switching your pc off and on 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.