Black Friday Sale! Get up to $40 off GP Premium!Learn more

[Support request] breakpoint changes?

Home Forums Support breakpoint changes?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dasigna

hi tom,

another one (has probably been asked for before…):

how about options for changing the native breakpoints of GP?
    especially the one at 768px seems to what i am longing for. havin two actual projects where especially the header changes at 768px where it still would have enough space for the desktop version. sad for tablets in portrait with 768px screens – so just one pixel lower already would change a lot, and its hard up to impossible to control this with manual tweaks :-).

more often than less i am tying to change the appearance or setting the breakpoints upon design decicions (the point when something begins to look sh… ugly), so it would be really handy to get a grip on this a more easy way…

any thoughts or plans on this?

btw:
    the ‘Initiate the mobile header at your desired width. Change 768px to whatever you like.‘ snipplet on github doesnt seem to work below 768px for the above. (tried with no luck)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yea, this is something I’ve been working on for a long time. I know the solution, but the issue is that people using caching plugins etc.. will see their site layout break on update (at least the possibility of it happening).

I need to get in contact with the major caching/minifying authors and make sure their plugins are capable of handling the media query inside the <link> element, which we can then filter.

dasigna

jep, aware of that caching thing… but shouldnt it be obvious to manually clear cache after each updating etc.?

for me would be suffice just to get along with ‘cache enabler’ (in which you can choose btw between clearing only cache for actual change or complete site, automatically) – whilst you dont even need this on nginx server – and autoptimize.
    no one needs more and works great 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Most people don’t know what cache is, let alone to clear it after updating unfortunately.

There’s also the issue with some caching plugins ignoring the media attribute inside the <link> element.

I actually used this method in the WooCommerce add-on when it was brand new (no breakages on updates). Only ran into one caching plugin so far that didn’t respect the media query.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.