[Support request] Breadcrumbs without the need for Yoast

Home Forums Support [Support request] Breadcrumbs without the need for Yoast

Home Forums Support Breadcrumbs without the need for Yoast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike8050

I need breadcrumbs in the featured image like I had before with WPocean and would like to not be forced to use Yoast shortcode for that. I use the quick and lightweight “The SEO Framework”. There already breadcrumbs available on the site but there is no hint or option to assign them. I thought it was a default feature comming with WooCommerce. At least with WPocean it was a no brainer and an one click option. How to achieve this in GP without installing extra plugins and spend further hours to research this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP doesn’t add Breadcrumbs, but Woocommerce does but that only applies to Woocommerce pages not regular pages or posts.
    Are you wanting breadcrumbs on the entire site or is it just a Woocommerce shop ? And if the latter are you wanting to place the breadcrumbs somewhere else?

Mike8050

Hey thanks for the quick reply. We have the breadcrumbs everywhere (shop/contact/imprint) now but the front page with WPocean and would like to keep it that way. They are located in the featured image (or the low header banner how we use it and call it). The SEO Framework plugin does have an option for breadcrumbs but I don’t know and could not find out if there is a shortcode available.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am not sure that The SEO Framework provides a breadcrumb function for display on the website i believe it only has breadcrumb schema for search engines. The little info i could find on that plugin it seems they recommend NavXT Plugin, which is something i would use.

If its just for Woocommerce then you can:

1. Create a Shortcode to display the breadcrumb with this PHP Snippet:

add_shortcode( 'custom_woo_breadcrumbs', function() {
        ob_start();

woocommerce_breadcrumb();

return ob_get_clean();
    } );

2. Add the shortcode to your header element.

3. Disable the Display breadcrumbs in Customizer > Layout > Woocommerce. This will remove the one displayed above the content.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.