[Resolved] Blog setup questions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog setup questions

Home Forums Support Blog setup questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lauren

I’m not a coder, but familiar with WP, having worked with it for many years. I have rewritten my site from the heavy Divi theme to GP Pro, with Elementor. Loading much better, and most of the site is pretty much done. My only issue is the blog. I setup a page, called it Blog, and added it to Customize -> Static Posts Page.
    I’ve created a separate NavMenu using the NavMenu plugin and have it my main 4 pages. At first I disabled the Primary Navigation, but then the blog would not show the NavMenu in the main blog page, and in the posts.
    So I re-enabled the Primary Nav settings in customize, and then disabled that element on each of the four pages. So now the menus show on the Blog page, and on the posts.
    But I’m not sure how to format the main Blog page, because the first post bumps up under the Navigation menus. I initially setup the Blog page with custom headers / menus, but they didn’t show up at all. Since the blog page is not displaying correctly at all, I’ve removed it from my main menu bar until I get this fixed. For now, you can view the blog at http://1stopvideos.com.

Also, I’m having issues with getting the sidebars to show on the actual blog posts, even though they have been enabled in customize and on the settings page for each post.

Thank you for your time.

Lauren Weiss

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What’s the URL to the actual blog page where the menu issue exists?

So if you disable the GP menu, you’re not able to use the Elementor menu? How are you adding the E menu?

Your single post sidebars are set in Customize > Layout > Sidebars? I would have to see an example page again to see what’s up.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Lauren

Thank you for your reply. I should have put the full URL of the blog itself: 1stopvideos.com/blog.

I modified the Customize > Layout > Sidebar setting to show content/sidebars as you suggested and that fixed the lack of sidebars on the posts pages.

Now it’s half the Title sitting up under the Navigation Menu within GP. And on the posts page, I am not sure how to configure the margin at the top, there is a large gap of white space.

Thanks again!
    Lauren

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You have merged page header applied to the blog page: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/merging-the-page-header-site-header/

Turning that off should fix the problem.

For single post you can add this CSS:

.single .entry-content {
        margin: 0;
    }

The rest is all Elementor content which you should be able to modify within the plugin.

Lauren

Awesome, thank you Leo, that was the ticket… didn’t realize that was the issue.

On another note, (if this needs to be a separate topic, let me know) I’m stumped with removing the white gap above the bottom footer. I’ve adjusted the margins and padding for the section above, but it has no impact on bridging that gap. What is the recommended way to fix this?

thank you.
    Lauren

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s from Elementor: https://s1.postimg.org/4ltscj19cf/elegap.png

I’d check the plugin settings. If not their support should be able to help you out πŸ™‚

Lauren

Thank you Leo, I did some more digging and found this YT vid that shows how to fix. I had actually stepped through some of these margin changes, but missed a step.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could help πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.