[Support request] Blog Posts incorrect order

Home Forums Support [Support request] Blog Posts incorrect order

Home Forums Support Blog Posts incorrect order

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike Jones

Hi there

I’m updating an old site and using GP as the main theme.

I’ve set up the blog page but for some reason, the chronological order is out:http://www.carolinemawer.com/2018/blog/

I’m seeing posts from 2012 above those from this year.

I’ve tried manually altering the dates on a few of these old posts that are showing first without any luck

I was hoping someone might have some ideas.

Thanks!

Mike

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

have you added any functions or plugins to include the Modified (Updated date)? As this is being included and looks to be the order the posts are being displayed in

Mike Jones

Hi David

Thanks for the quick reply – I didn’t think so on the plugin but will double check

Mike Jones

Hi David

I’ve been through and disabled all the plugins to test but I still get the same result of those few posts showing above the rest.

I also checked the modified date and that doesn’t seem to be more recent than the published date.

Cheers

Mike

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mike,

inspecting the code for the first post i see this, the modified date is much newer:

Modified date

Mike Jones

Hi David

My apologies – I actually altered that one manually to see if changing the date would fix the issue.

The others that seem to be showing incorrectly haven’t been altered to their modified time is in line with the published date e.g. 2012 : http://prntscr.com/k8ufqf

Cheers

Mike

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

hmmm, very odd, as a test what happens if you create a new post? one with current date and maybe one with setting an old date?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.