- This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 11 months ago by Tom.
April 19, 2017 at 4:48 am #307629Vincent
i’m discovering GP premium and have a first question:
is it possible to change/customize the blog post layout: i would like to experiment with the meta positions (date, author, categories and tags) and can’t see how to do it (without custom CSS/PHP).
What i would like to do:
– Choice of placement (before/after the content, in a sidebar left/right inside the content, etc.)
– Dispatch each meta on their own paragraph with icons like for categories and tag.
– The sentence with the date and author is weird (at least for me): “28/03/2017 by Author”. I would prefer something like “by Author, 28/03/2017” for exemple.
Did i miss something in the settings, and if not, what can i do to get there (page builder, plug-in, custom code)?
VincentGeneratePress 1.3.46GP Premium 1.2.96April 19, 2017 at 9:32 am #307744TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Currently there’s not a whole lot of customization options for these elements.
However, I will be adding new ones in an upcoming update. I appreciate your ideas here – it will definitely help me when creating the options 🙂April 19, 2017 at 9:52 am #307766Vincent
OK, i’ll wait for them, thanks!
I guess that if i want something like that now, i’ll have to create a new template in a child theme for posts, is that right?April 19, 2017 at 8:08 pm #307997TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
You can do most of that with hooks, filters and CSS.
The only issue would be displaying it in a sidebar I think.
Let me know if you’d like help with any (or all) of those points 🙂August 25, 2017 at 2:17 pm #373528David Victor
Is this feature coming out soon Tom? I’m wondering whether to hold off on doing some work in this area if your updates are coming up here shortly…
Thank you for a great theme!
https://davidvictor.comAugust 25, 2017 at 7:57 pm #373614LeoStaffCustomer SupportAugust 25, 2017 at 8:36 pm #373634David Victor
Just the things the original poster was inquiring about. There’s a way to fudge it using a lot of top-down add-ons, but I’d rather it be available in the theme, if possible!
https://davidvictor.comAugust 26, 2017 at 12:08 am #373679TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.