[Resolved] blog post layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] blog post layout

Home Forums Support blog post layout

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Vincent

Hi,

i’m discovering GP premium and have a first question:
    is it possible to change/customize the blog post layout: i would like to experiment with the meta positions (date, author, categories and tags) and can’t see how to do it (without custom CSS/PHP).

What i would like to do:
    – Choice of placement (before/after the content, in a sidebar left/right inside the content, etc.)
    – Dispatch each meta on their own paragraph with icons like for categories and tag.
    – The sentence with the date and author is weird (at least for me): “28/03/2017 by Author”. I would prefer something like “by Author, 28/03/2017” for exemple.

Did i miss something in the settings, and if not, what can i do to get there (page builder, plug-in, custom code)?

Regards,
    Vincent

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Vincent,

Currently there’s not a whole lot of customization options for these elements.

However, I will be adding new ones in an upcoming update. I appreciate your ideas here – it will definitely help me when creating the options πŸ™‚

Vincent

OK, i’ll wait for them, thanks!
    I guess that if i want something like that now, i’ll have to create a new template in a child theme for posts, is that right?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can do most of that with hooks, filters and CSS.

The only issue would be displaying it in a sidebar I think.

Let me know if you’d like help with any (or all) of those points πŸ™‚

David Victor

Is this feature coming out soon Tom? I’m wondering whether to hold off on doing some work in this area if your updates are coming up here shortly…

Thank you for a great theme!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Which feature are you looking for specifically?

Let us know πŸ™‚

David Victor

Just the things the original poster was inquiring about. There’s a way to fudge it using a lot of top-down add-ons, but I’d rather it be available in the theme, if possible!

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Specifically the ability to move the post meta around? That doesn’t exist yet, but I’m looking at it for the GPP 1.5 update.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.