[Resolved] Blog Post Heading Options

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog Post Heading Options

Home Forums Support Blog Post Heading Options

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan

Hi. My Feature Image appears on the Blog page, but not in the actual single post page itself.

If possible, I would like to try the following two options and see which one works best.

1) How can I have the Feature Image for its respective post, on their single post page as a Feature Image (under the Header)?

2) How can I set the Feature Image to be the Header for its respective single post page?

Thank you,

Jon

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

it looks like you have a Page Header that has been set to display on the blog and all single posts. If you set it to only display on the blog then the posts will automatically show their featured image if the Customizer > Layout > Blog > Featured Images > Singles are set to display.

you could then create a new Page Header that uses the featured image for its background and then assign that to posts. Let me know

Jonathan

Thanks David. That definitely helps. I used the ‘Legacy Page Headers’ area (and changed the Global Locations for Post Types-Single to this new header) to create the new header and that allowed me to display the Feature Image as the full length header for the post page.

However, so long as the Post pages have a Header, they will not show the Feature Image below. If there is no header, (e.g. just a white blank space) then they are displayed.

Can I somehow have both a Header and a Feature Image in operation on these pages?

Thanks,
    Jon

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, if you use the new Header Element instead of the Page Headers that has the option to display the featured image in the Hero and in the post content.

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Jonathan

Thanks David. I’ve created the new header based on Tom’s tutorial.

What works is that it is now a template for all the single post pages, and uses the feature image, which is great.

What still needs tweaking is that the feature image header is doubling up, along with 2 titles. Also the feature image pic does not appear in the actual body of the post.

There appears to be some old code that is messing with the page. Are there any fixes, or should I delete all the legacy headers and start over?

Thanks again,
    Jon

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

yes it looks like a conflict where you have the new heroes and old page headers assigned.
    First begin by removing the old page headers from the posts. And let me know.

Jonathan

Hi David. Yes, I got there in the end. I’ve now got an Element made for each of my Headers, and it works, no problem. Thanks for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Great to hear that!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.