[Resolved] Blog Page title not showing in elements

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog Page title not showing in elements

Home Forums Support Blog Page title not showing in elements

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cris

Hi,

I am trying to change the title of my blog page section. Default is ‘blog’ but I want it to read ‘articles’ or perhaps add additional information there. Such as an archives, etc.

When I go to the elements area, there is no header added for blog. (When I view the source code, it shows it as a <h1> but I can’t seem to find where to edit it).

I’ve checked the previous discussion posts and while they make sense I don’t have that default blog header anywhere. When I try to create a new one, it doesn’t work either.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the site is using the Header Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

You may have only one Header Element that is set to the entire site and uses the {{post_title}} template tag. For the Blog, which does not have a Content Title, it outputs Blog by default.

To add a custom title to the Blog, you will need to:

1. Edit the Display rules of the current Header Element and in the Display Rules Exclude Blog

2. Create a new Header Element with the same settings specially for the Blog page.
    For this you would not use the template tag, just output your own title eg. <h1>My blog title</h1>
    Then set its Display Rules Location to: Blog

Cris

Thank you David,

Works perfectly.

If I wanted to add an archives format to that page, or additional content above the archives, such as a search bar, what would be the best method? Does the articles page need to be edited through a similar process?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Instead of a Header Element you could use a Block Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-overview/

You can set it to display in the same position a Header element would by selecting Hook: generate_after_header

With the Block Element you can include any block content you like such as Search blocks.
    You may want to install the GenerateBlocks plugin which will give you a lot more design control:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/generateblocks/

Cris

Thanks David,

This is perfect. I appreciate the help and prompt response. Amazing support.

Please see notes for one last thing.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The Newsletter page has top and bottom padding applied to the Hero. If you apply the same padding to the Articles page, it will look the same.

Let us know ๐Ÿ™‚

Cris

Thanks Tom. Worked perfectly.

Much appreciated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.