[Resolved] Blog Page Preview Button shows the wrong URL first time clicking it

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog Page Preview Button shows the wrong URL first time clicking it

Home Forums Support Blog Page Preview Button shows the wrong URL first time clicking it

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yulia

Hi, I’ve noticed that my Blog page (the one set displaying last posts in the Reading Settings) opens some weired URL. So I just hit Preview button and it opens /?preview_id=7&preview_nonce=dbffd0676e&_thumbnail_id=-1&preview=true
    Then, however, if I click for the second time – it opens just /blog
    I’ve tried everything – Saving Permalinks, deactivating plugins – nothing helped. Then reinstalled the WordPress entirely and saw that it’s a default behaviour!
    So, I don’t know what to think, could you please enlighten my on this? Could this be possibly correct? And to whom should I contact with this?
    Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Yes, this is the default behaviour of the preview tab.
    The new tab it opens will automatically refresh when any Updates are made to the post you are editing. If you move that preview tab to a new browser, you can then edit and update your post and see the live results.

However, as the Blog page is not editable, Preview should not be used, the results it generates will not match what the actual Blog looks like.

Yulia

wow, thanks, couldn’t find that, now folks will know this speciality

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.