[Resolved] Blog Page Not Showing Photo and Text, Category Pull-down, Date Pull-down

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog Page Not Showing Photo and Text, Category Pull-down, Date Pull-down

Home Forums Support Blog Page Not Showing Photo and Text, Category Pull-down, Date Pull-down

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Elaine

My site is http://www.askcounseling.com

I recently upgraded from basic GP to premium GP, and updated the .php per your recommendations to improve performance.

I have 100 Blog pages. Before I upgraded the .php, my Blog page had my photo, a paragraph about my blog, and pull-down’s for blog posts by category and by date. Also, the last dozen posts had their titles displayed as links to the articles.

After upgrading, when I go Dashboard -> Pages -> Blog -> Edit, I see my photo and paragraph, but no posts or pull-down’s.

If I set my GP-Homepage Settings as: Home = Static, Posts page = -Select-, then I see my photo and paragraph, but still no post titles or pull-downs.

If I set my GP-Homepage Settings as: Home = Static, Posts page = Blog, then the blog page shows all my blog posts in reverse chronological order, but my photo and paragraph are missing, and the pull-down’s to sort by category or by date are also missing.

I would like to achieve a Blog page where my photo and paragraph are visible, along with pull-down’s to sort by category and by date, as well as the most recent titles as links to blog pages.

Thank you,
    Elaine Korngold

Elaine

I was able to add widgets for Categories and Latest Posts, so the content is as I want it.
    The display on the pull down says “Select Category”. Is it possible to change the text to “Select Specialty” ?

Also, the list of Latest Posts is justified 2 inches to the left off the page. Is there a way to bring the list under the heading?

Thank you,
    Elaine Korngold

Elaine

I discovered the widgets in Gutenberg for Categories and Latest Posts. Content is as I desire.

The pull-down text is “Select a Category” Is there a simple way to change the text? I’d like it to read “Select Specialty”.

Thank you,
    Elaine Korngold

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You can set whether to display featured images in Posts and Archives ( and pages ) in Customizer > Layout > Blog –> Featured Images:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adjusting-the-featured-images/

To change the Select box title to a different title isn’t within our scope it would require custom development to achieve that.

To adjust the position of the Latest posts you simply need to remove the Block from with the 2 Column Block you have added it to.

Elaine

Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.