[Resolved] Blog Page (Archives)- Does not show any line break

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blog Page (Archives)- Does not show any line break

Home Forums Support Blog Page (Archives)- Does not show any line break

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    TeckChew

Hi

It is a brand new site with just GeneratePress and GPP and 2 other plugins – classic editor and limit login attempts reloaded.

The contents of my 2 posts have a line break between the price and the description. When viewing each post individually, it shows the line break between the price and the description correctly. But when I click on the Blog Page, it lumps the price and the description together on the same line. The 2 posts on the Blog do not have any line break.

I have tried inserting the <br> and the <p> html codes in the individual posts but they have no effect on the Blog page(archives).

Can you pls let me know how do I make the Blog page shows the line break or other formatting in the individual posts.

Also how do i attach any document in my support ticket?

Thanks and Regards
    TC

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

WordPress removes HTML tags by default for the excerpt.

You can try the more tag if you want to keep the HTML:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-more-tag/

Let me know if this helps 🙂

TeckChew

Hi Leo

I want a line break after the FIRST line and not somewhere in the middle of the excerpt. So the more tag does not help. If you go to https://mygrandmashop.com/blog/ you will see what I mean.

The text of the post is something like this(ignore the quotation marks”):
    “$2,000,000.

We are a spin off from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), with expertise in sustainable energy research, development and domain knowledge in wind, solar, and marine renewables. Incorporated in 2014, we have been providing Suitability Analytics, Data Catalogue and Report Products, AI-assisted Technical services, and project management globally…”

I need a line break immediately after the price.

Regards
    TC

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you need to add the Read More tag after the text your want to include in the excerpt, currently it is placed directly after the $2,000,000 which is why only that is being displayed.

TeckChew

Hi David

I want a line break between the price and the text. The trouble is that if I place the ‘more’ tag somewhere in the middle of the excerpt, there will be no line break between the price and the text.

What i want to achieve is to show the price, then a line break, and the rest of the excerpt. I don’t mind if the excerpt is just one block of text with or without any line break. It must show a price, a line break, and some text. The blog page should show something like the following:

$2,000,000.

We are a spin off from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), with expertise in sustainable energy research, development and domain knowledge in wind, solar, and marine renewables. …

By the way, how do I send an attachment to this forum?

Regards

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Read More tag should keep the HTML intact. If you edit the post in the text editor and add a <br> tag to force the line break that should remain.

TeckChew

Thanks David.

I find it so strange that if I insert the <br> or <p> html codes without the “more” tag,the codes are ignored. Anyway, the problem is fixed.

Thanks once again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome. Glad we could help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.