[Resolved] Block element is not displaying

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Block element is not displaying

Home Forums Support Block element is not displaying

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Carsten

Hi there, sorry to bother you guys again 😉 this time it is a block element issue which does not display.
    I think I have done all I can added a Headline block, defined the block type as hook, and added a location. I have changed the hook and the location, but still, the block element does not display. What do I do wrong here?

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

is the Page > Search a standard page or is it the Search Results ?

Carsten

It’s a standard page, domain/search.

The Headline block is displayed on the search page now.

But not on the register page, domain/register.

An image is added on the same register page, by a Hook element, and this image is displayed.

Same settings, so the hook is ok, and the entire site location, as well.

So something is preventing the block element from displaying.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Which ‘hook’ are you using on the Register page ? Is the same as the one used in the Hook Element ?

Carsten

Yes, exactly the same custom hook, bp_before_register_page. But even if I use a general hook, like generate_after_header the Block element does not display.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does the Block Element display if you change the Display Rules Location or a Different Hook?

Carsten

First I suspected the issue to be with BuddyPress, but now I’m not so sure anymore.

It’s like the Block element is very sensitive to specific hooks and locations. Cache is also playing in, so it is very difficult to see a specific pattern, so I will do some more testing.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does it show if you set it to display on a normal ( not BuddyPress ) static page ?

Carsten

Hi there, the issue is not solved, but I’m closing the topic, since the issue is with elements in general, using elements with BuddyPress pages.
    It would be really nice if you could locate why elements does not output on BP pages.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Did you try a regular Hook on a BuddyPress page? Did that not work either?

Carsten

Hi, yes a regular Hook, or a BP Hook, like bp_after_profile_content does actually work, with the display rules set to Entire Site, but not Layout and Block Elements, from my experience.

So if a Hook decides the position, it will work, but not when using display rules.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Makes sense, I don’t believe BuddyPress uses conventional WordPress conditions (as funny as that is), so our Display Rules aren’t aware of their specific conditions/rules when it comes to displaying.

We’ll see if it’s something easy enough to add compatibility with.

Carsten

Sounds great, thanks for doing the effort, BP has +200.000 downloads, so I think many can benefit from this, if you succeed.

Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.