[Resolved] Block Element – Content Template for Custom Post Type Query Loop

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Block Element – Content Template for Custom Post Type Query Loop

Home Forums Support Block Element – Content Template for Custom Post Type Query Loop

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kevin

Hello, I’ve used the below tutorial for block elements to create a custom template view for my blog page and it works wonderfully. I also have a separate custom post type that I’m displaying on a static page in a list via the query loop. My question is how can I use the same content template method to style those custom post types listed through the query loop? I feel like I’m missing something very basic and I apologize, I couldn’t find a solution in the forum.

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-content-template/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m displaying on a static page in a list via the query loop

Is that a core Query Loop block ?

Kevin

Hi David,

It is a core loop, not from a third-party plugin.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah unfortunately its not possible with that block – as it only accepts its own inner theme blocks.
    We’ll be releasing an update to GenerateBlocks soon that will allow you to custom build your own loops with all the features you have with the Content Template.

Its still a week or two away from alpha release.

Is that something worth waiting for ? Let us know – if not we can look at some alternatives.

Kevin

Absolutely worth waiting for! Love GeneratePress and Blocks and I look forward to this update.

Thanks for everything.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome 🙂

Kevin

Hello again, I was just checking in on this. I signed up for alpha/beta testing and turned that on for my site but I haven’t seen anything come through for GenerateBlocks Pro. I’ve never utilized this feature so I may just be doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Kevin

Thanks, Leo! Exactly what I was looking for.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.