[Resolved] Blank flexible columns to fill in empty space

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Blank flexible columns to fill in empty space

Home Forums Support Blank flexible columns to fill in empty space

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bradley

Hey Tom,

If you look at this site right here you can see that there is a blank area and I would like to fill that up and maintain the gutter between content blocks. I need to make the sidebar flex down as well. This child theme is patterned after this theme.

GP is looking good and I am loving how far you have taken it since I bought it in November of last year. The best money I have spent yet.

Bradley

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Bradley,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner – been on the couch nursing a cold.

This might help: http://generatepress.com/forums/topic/equal-length-columns/page/2/#post-38550

Not the great solution, but will work.

What they’ve done with that theme is add a border to the content area. So what will happen is if the content is shorter than the sidebar, the border won’t go all the way down.

Bradley

Did you write that? wow. worked perfect!

I would like to include that into a child theme without the use of gp premium so that I could polish this up and offer it up as a child theme to your theme and encourage users to upgrade to GP Premium to change colors etc. I use your theme a lot and wouldn’t mind recommending and promoting it on my site at all.

I am familiar with the hook usage of genesis can you point me to a doc where I can see how to use them in GP for child theme design? Nevermind I found it your documentation is awesome man.

Bradley

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help!

If you’re going to include it in a child theme, I would put the JS into a file and minify it, then enqueue it: https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/wp_enqueue_scripts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.