[Support request] Best way to use Elementor header while keeping hooks/elements

Home Forums Support [Support request] Best way to use Elementor header while keeping hooks/elements

Home Forums Support Best way to use Elementor header while keeping hooks/elements

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryne

Hi folks,

Great theme! Thanks for all your work on this. A quick question.

I’m looking to use an Elementor-built header while retaining the hooks/element infrastructure of GP (so that I can insert Google Analytics tags using a hook in the header, for example).

I’ve been able to achieve this by creating an “empty” header hook where I select the “Disable Site Header” checkbox and leave everything else blank. This takes away the GP header. I then create another element (or hook, can’t remember) to insert the Elementor header shortcode.

Is this the best way to do this or is there some other method I should be using that gives me more flexibility?

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That sounds like the correct method.

Let us know if you run into any specific issue ๐Ÿ™‚

Ryne

Ok. It just seemed weird to create a “blank” hook just to be able to check that “Disable Site Header” box but I suppose it works and based on what you said, it doesn’t seem like there is a better/more efficient way of doing this.

Thanks Leo!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You could also disable the default header with this snippet:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_header/

It’s essentially the same thing.

Ryne

Is one method better than the other in terms of website performance or flexibility?

It looks like the method you referenced requires a plugin, which might slow things down a tad?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you are already using a child theme then you can use child theme’s function.php

The difference should be minimal ๐Ÿ™‚

You can test out both and run your site through speed test.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.