[Support request] Best way to migrate from uDesign to GP

Home Forums Support Best way to migrate from uDesign to GP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hasan

I am using uDesign theme on our main business site, which I feel is very slow and outdated. I want to migrate this site to GP, but not sure about the process of doing that. If I just switch theme, the site will fully break. Basically it is theme locked, as I am using lots of there short codes to design the contents.

For example, I am using a content toggle to display the itinerary of our tours, which is the first thing to break if I switch theme. Can you suggest anything to fix that? I am using the Classic editor on the site.

Also what should be the workflow to make such migration without any downtime of breaking the site?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Themes that use shortcodes or custom post types or other templates can be a real pain to migrate and sometimes it will require a rebuild of the site.

I would perform a test by creating a Staging Site of the main site ( or duplicate it on a sub domain ) then switch themes on the staging site and see what breaks.

For removing shortcodes this article provides some options:

https://www.webnots.com/how-to-remove-unused-shortcodes-from-wordpress-site/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.