[Resolved] Best way to manage sections?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Best way to manage sections?

Home Forums Support Best way to manage sections?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dmitry

Hi!

I really like the section tool. I often need to copy one section with its content and parameters and paste it to another web-page. Is there any simple way to do it?

It is a little hard to do if you have to paste a section on more than 10 pages.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not currently unfortunately.

Sections won’t be getting any improvements with the emergence of Gutenberg editor.

We are actively working on a section-like block editor and will definitely consider adding duplicate option.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Dmitry

Thanks, Leo. Does it mean that soon GP will remove sections tool in one of new updates?

P.S. Me and plenty of users don’t like G-berg … and always disable it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No we won’t be removing sections – it just won’t get any new features.

I’ll admit that Gutenberg takes a bit to get used to but Tom, David and myself all like it (especially with the new sections-like plugin).

Dmitry

Ok) Just think about 2 features for sections:

1. Field “Preferences Id” – just to input already existing section preferences
    2. Field “Content Id” – just to use already existing section content

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

my personal method when using Sections is to create a draft page, design out all of the Sections i would need for my pages, create multiple versions of a section if i need to use it more than once on a page.
    Then use the Duplicate Post plugin to create a new Draft each time i want to create a page with Sections. Edit/delete on the new page as necessary.

For global content that may get updated regularly i would use hooks or widgets for this.

This is one are where Gutenberg has got it right with Re-usable blocks so common incontent elements can be updated from one place.

Dmitry

Thanks, David! Nice idea!

What hooks/widgets do you use to insert global content into sections?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can’t do it in Sections – i mean within the theme templates. If you want to do it on Sections then you would need to use Shortcodes.
    Widget Shortcodes is a good plugin to make that easier.

Dmitry

Thanks a lot!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.