[Resolved] Best Way to Add Featured Image Support for Pods Custom Post Types?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Best Way to Add Featured Image Support for Pods Custom Post Types?

Home Forums Support Best Way to Add Featured Image Support for Pods Custom Post Types?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bodie

Hello!

I am using Pods to create Custom Post Types on my GPP-powered site. All is well except I need to add the correct code to allow the Featured Image to show up in the WordPress admin for these custom posts. I have enabled support for the Featured Image in the Pods -> Advanced section, but I still need to add the proper code to functions.php

1) What code should I use to enable the Featured Image on my personal_journal post type?
    2) What image sizes would you recommend be enabled?

Thanks!

Bodie

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Bodie,

Are you wanting to show the featured image within the frontend template of that post type? If so, where do you want it to show up?

Image sizes would depend on the design you’re going for.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Bodie

I am using Beaver Themer to pull the image into the layout, I just can’t seem to get it to show up as an option in the WordPress admin for my custom posts. Once I can add it there, I am good, so maybe image size isn’t needed.

Bodie

Hey Tom,

This looks like a bug in Pods. Apparently if you don’t have the “supports Featured Image” box selected when you create the Pod, it doesn’t seem to show up if you enable it after the creation of the post type.

I tried creating another new one and it worked fine. Sorry to bug!

Bodie

Nope, user error again.

Told ACF to hide it.

Facepalm.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.