[Resolved] Best Solution for Creating Columns Without using GutenBurg Editor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Best Solution for Creating Columns Without using GutenBurg Editor

Home Forums Support Best Solution for Creating Columns Without using GutenBurg Editor

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather

I’ve noticed a lot of other support request mentioning light grid plugin and the new generateblocks plugin. However, it seems that generate blocks requires gutenburg editor and the light grid plugin will no longer be supported. Is there any other alternative way to use columns inside sections?

I noticed your sections video go by so quickly and the man in the video used some sort of shortcode to create columns and I didn’t really catch how to do all that!

I need to use the classic builder on my website since we don’t want to teach our writers how to use gutenburg and we need to keep things consistent.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

I’ve noticed a lot of other support request mentioning light grid plugin and the new generateblocks plugin. However, it seems that generate blocks requires gutenburg editor and the light grid plugin will no longer be supported. Is there any other alternative way to use columns inside sections?

Users using classic editor will have to manually write your own HTML structure and style it with CSS to make the layout display like a column.

I noticed your sections video go by so quickly and the man in the video used some sort of shortcode to create columns and I didn’t really catch how to do all that!

The shortcode is from lightweight grid columns. [lgc_column] It’s one of the old plugins Tom used to develop. As you’ve mentioned, it’s not supported anymore as Tom dropped it in favor of its successor which is GenerateBlocks.

I need to use the classic builder on my website since we don’t want to teach our writers how to use gutenburg and we need to keep things consistent.

It may be better to consider using Gutenberg as the support for classic editor is until December 2021. It’s a move from WordPress to push classic editor to be obsolete in favor of Gutenberg.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.