[Resolved] Best Pratice elementor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Best Pratice elementor

Home Forums Support Best Pratice elementor

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sebastien

Hi,

I would like to share you how I use elementor & gp together and would love to get your opinion about the method:

I use 100% (full screen) Elementor for Front page.
    My blog page is mainly done by GP but I’ve added ELEMENTOR Model as Widget in the slide bar.

The next step is to build my 6 pages services. For these pages, I’ve put a a shortcode relating to an Elementor Model into the hook ‘after header’.
    1) the question is about speed / best pratice: Is it better to put an Elementor Model (shortcode) into a hook to build the layout of theses 6 pages or should make a layout with Elementor and apply it into these 6 pages?
    2) about the content, I need to use elementor widget. So, should I use Elementor Editor on the full page to edit the content or should I create an Elementor Model (with content) and insert it into hook (as main content) ? it could minimize the amount of Elementor code loaded?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. If you just need to display the same static content across many pages then using a shortcode in a hook is a good way to go about it. It won’t make any noticeable difference to performance.

2. If the entire page is to be built with Elementor then edit the page with Elementor. No point hooking that in – it would be the same as having the elementor page inside the GP template.

Here are some tips i provided another user:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/guidelines-to-use-elementor-with-generatepress/#post-870937

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.