[Resolved] Best Practices for Using GP with Beaver Builder on Blog Posts

Home Forums Support Best Practices for Using GP with Beaver Builder on Blog Posts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Donna

Hi! I usually don’t use BB when creating blog posts but sometimes I want to really control the layout and want to use BB on a post.

If I have the container layout set to something like 1250 px and then also have my BB row set to a fixed width of 1250 px, the BB row doesn’t always line up with the Page Title and any other metadata that gets pulled in from GP on the post page.

It’s usually because the row and/or module in BB has padding that I have to manually remove each time I add a row or module to the post page.

Is there a better way to be using GP with BB on blog posts so that the content is always left-aligned with the page title and other elements or do I always have to manually remove the padding?

If I set the padding globally in BB to have “0” for the margins or padding, that affects the BB modules on all of the other pages, which I don’t want to have happen.

Thanks in advance for any advice on how to best create blog posts with BB.

Donna

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Generally speaking, the content container options should be used when you use a page builder:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/content-container/

Can you take a look at the article and let me know if that makes sense?

Donna

Hi Leo

Thanks for your quick reply! I read through the article but even if I set the content container option to “contained” on the blog post, the page title doesn’t align with the page builder on the left side. It’s too far to the left.

Donna

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you link me to the page in question?

Donna

Hi Leo,

Sure! This is just a test website that I use for testing things out for my students. So it’s not a “real” website!!

Here’s a link to a blog post on that site. I have the page container set to “contained” but you can see that the page title and meta that’s below the content are too far to the left:

https://byowebsitedesigner.com/5-things-we-do-when-we-start-a-website/

Thanks!

Donna

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The theme elements are actually aligned from what I can see.

I believe the issue is coming from this padding in BB:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/n5rxlnIrs8MC

And the margin:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/3NTRNxc9xjr

Donna

Hi Leo,

yes…there’s the padding in BB. That was what I explained in my post above. What I had said was:

“It’s usually because the row and/or module in BB has padding that I have to manually remove each time I add a row or module to the post page.

Is there a better way to be using GP with BB on blog posts so that the content is always left-aligned with the page title and other elements or do I always have to manually remove the padding?

If I set the padding globally in BB to have “0” for the margins or padding, that affects the BB modules on all of the other pages, which I don’t want to have happen.”

So I was wondering if there was a way for me to not have to manually remove the padding on the row and modules in BB but it looks like that’s what I need to do.

Donna

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry I misunderstood the question before.

If you want to use BB for the content, then it would probably be the best to disable the entry meta and content title from the theme as well so you can use BB to control everything.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Donna

No worries!! You’re always so amazing with how quickly you respond, so I really appreciate it!

I was thinking the same thing about disabling the entry meta and content title from the theme, so thanks for that suggestion!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.