[Support request] Before Content Hood Element Does Not Render Contained Blocks in Preview Mode

Home Forums Support [Support request] Before Content Hood Element Does Not Render Contained Blocks in Preview Mode

Home Forums Support Before Content Hood Element Does Not Render Contained Blocks in Preview Mode

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Foundry

We have an element hook configuration that renders a featured image into a Kadence Blocks Image Overlay block set to before_content.

However, the element and its blocks do not render in Preview mode. Have you heard of this happening and do you think it’s an issue with the element hook or with the blocks within the hook? The final published result renders just fine.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

However, the element and its blocks do not render in Preview mode. Have you heard of this happening and do you think it’s an issue with the element hook or with the blocks within the hook? The final published result renders just fine.

Elements won’t show up on the Block editor when you’re editing a post but it will show up on the preview mode if you open on new tab – https://share.getcloudapp.com/JrunG2vG

Elements hook into the actual render of the page, not on the edit page. 😀

But if you’re pertaining to the blocks itself no showing up when you’re editing a Block Element or Blocks within the page then that’s something else which may be a block plugin issue.

Foundry

Hi Elvin,

Perhaps I wasn’t clear. I’m not speaking about the block editor. I am talking about Preview mode only.

I figured out that the blocks using dynamic content are not rendering in preview mode. Have you heard anything like this before?

If I have to, I can take this to Kadence Blocks support.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I figured out that the blocks using dynamic content are not rendering in preview mode. Have you heard anything like this before?

No, never heard that.

We usually only use GenerateBlocks in dynamic blocks, and it renders just fine in preview mode.

I also tried using Kadence blocks, seems fine too.

But please be noted that the style built with other plugins in a GP element might be stripped depends on the way that plugin generates CSS.

Foundry

Thank you, Ying. I will look into using Generate Blocks instead. I’ve opened a ticket with Kadence Blocks as well.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Keep us updated!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.