Home Forums Support Bad Version 1.3.29

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hussein Younes

I am not sure why the CCS code is so ugly in the latest version (1.3.29), it’s very hard to read and update the stylesheet.

Also the ‘Section’ feature in the pages not working, after the upgrade to this version the section stop functioning and it doesn’t display any content.

Any idea?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The style.css file has been minified for better performance. You shouldn’t be changing anything in that file anyways – use a child theme or a plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-css/) to add your custom CSS.

Haven’t received any reports about Sections not working – using them here on this site will the latest version.

What version of GP Premium/Sections are you using?

Hussein Younes

GP Premium 1.2.83

Hussein Younes

Also I am not developer, I can’t write code and CSS, however I can update them if needed to make them right-to-left and make the text justified, etc.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The best way is to use the Inspect tool in your browser and copy the chunk of CSS you want to change.

Then add the entire chunk into your child theme/CSS plugin and make the adjustments in there.

As for Sections – can you link me to a page where they aren’t working?

Hussein Younes

Can I get roll back to the older version? I don’t like this one!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re free to do whatever you like, but it’s important to keep up to date with updates for various reasons.

If the style.css being minified is what you don’t like, you can look in the style.unmin.css file which contains the same CSS but not minified.

Then you can copy the contents of that file and replace the block of CSS in the style.css file.

Of course, the reason I did this was to improve performance which means search engines will rank you higher.

Are you wanting to roll back your version of GP or GP Premium?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Tom.
    Hussein Younes

I was thinking to roll back to the premium version that i used prior to this version …

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sure, send me an email to support@generatepress.com and I’ll send it over 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.