[Support request] background images in content/sidebar

Home Forums Support [Support request] background images in content/sidebar

Home Forums Support background images in content/sidebar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ben

I’ve got 2 websites, both set up very similarly as far as the visual design is concerned (content with sidebar on the right). On one of them I’ve added a background image to the content section, and it stretches all the way to the far right hand side, covering the sidebar area too.

I’m trying to reproduce that effect on the other site. I’ve used the same settings as far as I can tell, but this time the background image only covers the area that doesn’t include the sidebar. I’d like it to also reach the far right hand side of the page.

Thanks for looking πŸ™‚
    Ben

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

So the issue is with the Ben Locke site?

I don’t see a background image uploaded currently.

Can you double check?

Ben

yes, that’s right. There is no image uploaded now, because it didn’t look good. When I apply one with the same settings as the other site (content – no repeat, contain, local), it doesn’t behave in the same way. The image only covers the main content but doesn’t go as far as the right side of the page.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately I cannot tell why something isn’t working without seeing the actual issue live.

Can you upload the image again and make sure it’s at least 1100px in width?

Ben

Apologies Leo. I’ve added an image in there now (the purple stripe). It’s only 5 pixels high (for the sake of demonstrating the problem), but it’s 1100 pixels wide. I’m hoping to get it to stretch all the way across to the right of the widgets/sidebar.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Try using one container instead of separate containers with 0 margin (which is basically one container).

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Ben

That just made the background image disappear altogether. I can’t see why. However, I think you’re probably onto something – the site where it works nicely is set to one container.

Ben

I’ve found a solution, but the only way I could do it was with CSS setting a background image for #content. That works whether I’m using one container or separate containers. Still not sure why I can’t do it with the GP settings, but it’s ok – I’ve got the desired result anyway πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Using one container with the background image option in the customizer should definitely work.

Happy to take a look if you want to set it to one container (currently I’m still seeing separate containers).

Looks like you have some caching plugin activated so please clear and disable it for now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.