[Support request] Background image used by GeneratePress not updating to HTTPS

Home Forums Support [Support request] Background image used by GeneratePress not updating to HTTPS

Home Forums Support Background image used by GeneratePress not updating to HTTPS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sean

I’ve recently updated our site with an SSL certificate, and it’s reliably turning up “secure” in the eyes of the browser.

However, the background image that is used on every page of the site is refusing to be updated with a database search and replace. It still serves as HTTP.

I tried uploading a new graphic, but it also serves as HTTP once GP starts using it.

Where can I adjust this? This is a business site, we can’t have a “not completely secure” warning presented to our customers.

GeneratePress 2.1.2
    Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

From what I can tell the warnings are coming from the sliders.

Did you re-upload and recreate that as well?

Sean

Hi Leo,

I had noticed the sliders were among the offenders, but this is also happening with the main background graphic for the entire site (laptop2.png). Only GP seems to call this, so I’m looking for help on that aspect.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Sean

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So you’ve re-uploaded that image in WordPress media then re-uploaded in the customizer (background > Body) but the change is not reflecting on live site?

Any caching plugins or server cache?

Sean

The original background was laptop.png. I reuploaded it as laptop2.png so I could be sure I was drawing on the new file, and then used the customizer.

I’ll check the caching plugins thought, not sure about server cache.

Sean

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So this image here: http://www.burli.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Laptop2.png

The URL in WordPress media is showing https?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.